Another important family building bill has been introduced in Congress: The Comprehensive Cancer Survivorship Act (CCSA), championed by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Sen. Ben Cardin, Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, and Rep. Mark DeSaulnier.
This cancer care bill includes Medicaid coverage for fertility preservation for individuals undergoing treatment for cancer that may lead to iatrogenic (or medically induced) infertility.
The “Right to Build Families Act of 2022” will:
- Prohibit states from limiting any individual’s right to access ART.
- Prohibit states from regulating reproductive genetic materials, including gametes.
- Protect healthcare providers who provide ART or related counseling.
- Allow the Department of Justice to pursue civil action against states that violate the legislation.
- Allow the U.S. Attorney General, individuals, and healthcare providers to pursue civil action regarding violation of the legislation.
We need your help! Please personalize and send a message to your Members of Congress. Ask them to support this important pro-family legislation that will help millions of cancer patients preserve their fertility and give them a future chance at parenthood.
Thank you for your support.