The ancient Eastern practice of acupuncture is no longer a strange concept in Western medicine. But did you know that this healing therapy, with its concepts of “vital energy” and “energetic balance,” has been shown to improve fertility?
It’s true. That’s why RSCNJ offers you the most comprehensive, combined IVF and acupuncture treatment available from our in-house acupuncturist.
Eastern cultures have been using acupuncture for fertility therapy for centuries, and Western science now has shown that it can:
• Improve blood flow to the uterus, which helps the lining grow strong and healthy enough to support an embryo.
• Reduce cramping after IVF retrieval and transfer.
• Reduce the side effects of anesthesia after retrieval.
• Stimulate egg production, for women who can’t, or don’t want to, use fertility medication to help them get pregnant.
• Regulate and stabilize hormone levels.
• Reduce the chance of miscarriage.
• Reduces stress and promotes deep relaxation, which are absolutely critical if you’re trying to get pregnant, especially if you’re undergoing any kind of traditional fertility treatment such as IVF.
When combined with IVF treatments, acupuncture can significantly increase your chance of conception. The most important treatments are immediately following your egg retrieval and transfer appointments. The number of eggs produced at retrieval time can be increased when you have been treated with acupuncture once or twice weekly for at least three weeks prior to your egg retrieval. At RSCNJ, your acupuncturist is always available on site during these processes.
Want to learn more? Just contact us online.