“Do you know what resources your company is making available to help LGBTQIA+ employees with fertility? And are they equal to the family-building services offered to straight couples?”
The online magazine Metrosource recently posted an article called “5 things gay people need to know about fertility.”
It includes five questions about family-building benefits that LGBTQIA+ persons should be asking right now:
- Is there a fertility benefit offered at this company? If the answer is yes, what treatments and testing are covered?
- Does this benefit apply to all employees equally, regardless of gender or sexual orientation?
- Are there many in-network fertility clinics to choose from? If yes, do any of those clinics tailor programs or services to the specific needs of the LGBTQIA+ community?
- Are reimbursements offered to all employees for procedures that are typically not covered by insurance — such as adoption and surrogacy benefits for family building?
- Are there any exclusions to our fertility/family-building policies that I should be aware of?
Here at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey (RSCNJ), we proudly offer LGBTQIA+ family building services. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex and asexual individuals and couples who dream of having a family can often do so with our assisted reproductive technologies. We offer our LGBTQIA+ patients the same fertility treatment options that we offer to all patients.
You can learn more about these services on our web site.